Reply to this topic    Start new topic
> Leave of Absence, A place to warn of an upcoming absence
hockeygod
post Jul 20 2004, 06:41 PM
Post #61

String Theory Rocks my World!

Group: Readers
Member No.: 1,853

From Monday August 2 through Friday August 6 I will be gone on a summer physics program at MSU in East Lansing. So I'll be gone for the whole week. I'm telling you now so that you can get your tears out now and by the time I leave you can all put on brave faces and not miss me as much. Oh, whats that? You don't care? Oh, nevermind then...

~ B.M.
Proud Member of the I.S.D.!!!

IPB Image hockeygod

I'm a Math Geek and it makes me happy!!!

"Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit."~Aristotle

"Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity."~Henry Van Dyke

"Life is wasted on the living."~Douglas Adams

"Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together."~Georg C. Lichtenberg
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Robert
post Jul 20 2004, 08:22 PM
Post #62

King of Fluff

Member No.: 1,914

Alright gang! Here's our chance to catch up with HG in posting!

Let's Go Generals!

Co-ed Naked Quidditch
When Catching the Golden Snitch isn't Enough IPB Image

Advice to remember: If you can't apologize to someone when you're in the wrong, don't expect them to respect you afterwards.

YOU WASH MY BACK AND.....
an smutty outtake to Imogen's A Pensieve Affair
“Don’t move,” his voice whispered, “Trust me.”

Hope felt a shiver of anticipation run through her body at Matthew’s words.

“I do,” was her only reply as she surrendered control of the seduction to him.

REFLECTIONS : a post PA story
George looked around and said, “We heard noises through the ceiling so we thought we’d come up and see you.”

“Yes,” added Fred, “funny thing is, though, in addition to the loud thumps we could have sworn we heard two different sets of footsteps.”

“Damn,” Hope thought, “we forgot to charm the floor!”

INVICTUS, Book 5 of the Carpe Diem Universe
The untold story of Harry's Sixth Year
+Quote Post
hockeygod
post Jul 20 2004, 08:25 PM
Post #63

String Theory Rocks my World!

Member No.: 1,853

Very funny Robert, but if I have any chance at an internet connection while I'm on campus, this is where I'll be.

~ B.M.
Proud Member of the I.S.D.!!!

IPB Image hockeygod

I'm a Math Geek and it makes me happy!!!

"Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit."~Aristotle

"Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity."~Henry Van Dyke

"Life is wasted on the living."~Douglas Adams

"Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together."~Georg C. Lichtenberg
+Quote Post
Drie
post Jul 20 2004, 10:39 PM
Post #64

It's a Small World After All

Group: The Mod Squad
Member No.: 1,656

Okay, you think I can get 1,000 posts in to attempt to overtake HG's position? laugh.gif

Proud Member of the Red Trio

My sun shall rise in the east
So shall my heart be at peace

"I think happiness is finding a couple extra fries at the bottom of the bag." - Pig, Pearls Before Swine

Just once, I want to shout, "Bwahahhahahaha!" and really mean it.

"I couldn't decide if I wanted marble fudge, chocolate, rocky road, vanilla or butter pecan...I finally decided to try marble fudge...then I had to choose between a plain cone or a sugar cone...I decided on the sugar cone...so what happened? I went out the door, and dropped the whole thing on the sidewalk! Don't tell me my life isn't a Shakespearean tragedy!" ~ Sally, Charlie Brown's sister

Pictures of You

Bunnies! Everywhere!
+Quote Post
Jerry
post Jul 26 2004, 04:35 AM
Post #65

Aerials

Member No.: 3,207

Good luck with the program, HG.

If you find out some interesting fact, let me know wink.gif

~ M.C.

Proud Member of the I.S.D.

“Hey Harry!” said Cedric, strolling up to him. “Did you hear those screams? I almost died!... Is that David Bowie?”
“Never mind that, look!” the American exchange student exclaimed. “I found the Triwizard cup! It’s mine! All mine! I’ll finally get the fame and glory and honor I deserve!”
“Stupefy,” said Harry. The American exchange student dropped to the ground, stunned.
“Woah!” Cedric exclaimed in astonishment. “You can do magic?!”
“Come on, Cedric,” Harry sighed. “We’d better take this together. You know, so Draco Malfoy won’t think I’m selfish. I really want to get with him, you know.”

-- Silver Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Omelette of Desire

IPB Image Rabbits Have Rights!
+Quote Post
Yoda
post Jul 28 2004, 11:58 PM
Post #66

I'm co-ordinating internationally!... help!

Group: H&G Members
Member No.: 50

Hope you enjoy your time HG, and to add to the list I'm a-going on holiday from Friday through to Sunday (the 8th) down on the French coast (now you know where to send the attack subs tongue.gif)

I'll be around briefly tomorrow as I have been all this week, because I'm engaged in a massive tidyup scheme at the house (and this is how I pay my rent). In other news, I'm still unemployed but have taken a load of aptitude tests with an agency and they say my skills aren't rusty at all - so hopefully I'll find a job soon biggrin.gif

All for now - hope you all have a nice break (from me)!

Yoda, goin' a la France

Elyoda on the NaNoWriMo website

IPB Image
+Quote Post
hershey
post Aug 6 2004, 02:16 PM
Post #67

Colin and bubbles...imagine the possibilities.

Member No.: 1,821

Well we have the last baseball tourney this weekend. This one however is not in town. Although I won't be far from home, there will not be much time to be at the computer and so my postings will be infrequent. Looking forward to posting away come Monday for a few days.

Then we are off to visit my mom and spend some time with her during what is liking to be a difficult week. She has online access, but it's dialup and slow. I will not likely be posting often for the fact of not wanting to frustrate myself.

Off to be busy, busy, busy,

Hershey

AKA Molly Weasley minus 3 boys

"I used to be a real wild child, but now I am a Volvo driving soccer mom" - Everclear

(actually I'm more a SUV driving sport of the season mom, but whose checking)

And say my glory was I had such friends. - William Butler Yeats
+Quote Post
Yoda
post Aug 19 2004, 12:54 PM
Post #68

I'm co-ordinating internationally!... help!

Group: H&G Members
Member No.: 50

Well I'm off for a while again, I've got a wedding to go to this weekend (where I get to be an usher) and so that takes me away 'til Monday. Then I've got to get my life organised a bit more, and flip knows how long that'll take.

Cya later,
Yoda

PS: To e-mail me at the address on my profile, please use the subject line 'It's me you muppet!' to gain my attention (or it might get spammed out) smile.gif

Elyoda on the NaNoWriMo website

IPB Image
+Quote Post
QuickHare
post Aug 21 2004, 09:06 PM
Post #69

Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2,603

My life is getting busier. Not only am I having a few troubles in my life (nothing major, so don't panic), I also have a house full of DIY to sort out, and I help out with a charity (the Lifeboats) so my time is going to be split. I'll try to keep in touch, but don't expect immediate replies to anything!

QuickHare

"To err is human. To completely screw up requires a computer."

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." [Lao-tzu]

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good."
+Quote Post
bart
post Aug 26 2004, 08:54 PM
Post #70

Who me?
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 62

Just to let you know I won't be around this weekend I'm off to This Place for the weekend, camping in the rain! Should be fun!

So I won't be around to answer PM's etc until Wednesday but if you want to see what I'm upto I usally post to my Blog whilst I'm there.

Darren
+Quote Post
Drie
post Aug 26 2004, 10:25 PM
Post #71

Member No.: 1,656

And to add to the list...

I'll be gone until Wednesday, September 1 visiting family (and Hershey!) in Wisconsin.

hug.gif and warm fuzzies to you all!
Drie drie2.gif

My sun shall rise in the east
So shall my heart be at peace

"I think happiness is finding a couple extra fries at the bottom of the bag." - Pig, Pearls Before Swine

Just once, I want to shout, "Bwahahhahahaha!" and really mean it.

"I couldn't decide if I wanted marble fudge, chocolate, rocky road, vanilla or butter pecan...I finally decided to try marble fudge...then I had to choose between a plain cone or a sugar cone...I decided on the sugar cone...so what happened? I went out the door, and dropped the whole thing on the sidewalk! Don't tell me my life isn't a Shakespearean tragedy!" ~ Sally, Charlie Brown's sister

Pictures of You

Bunnies! Everywhere!
+Quote Post
Jerry
post Aug 27 2004, 10:21 PM
Post #72

Aerials

Member No.: 3,207

As school looms closer and closer, I find myself pondering: How will I get to spend the amount of time I spent on the computer during the summer, throughout the schoolyear. The answer is quite simple: I won't. tongue.gif (A bit melodramatic, don't you think? biggrin.gif )

I'll try to make an appearance at least once a day, but there's a good chance that won't happen. In any case, I'll still continue to post "interesting" actors in the 'Actor-Movie-Actor" thread (though I won't terminate it, Hershey biggrin.gif ) tongue.gif

Jerry, going to study wink.gif

p.s. Anyone who wants to PM/E-Mail me is welcome to do so. There's a greater chance that I'll receive the E-Mail, though, so use your own discretion... smile.gif

This post has been edited by Jerry: Aug 31 2004, 10:19 PM

~ M.C.

Proud Member of the I.S.D.

“Hey Harry!” said Cedric, strolling up to him. “Did you hear those screams? I almost died!... Is that David Bowie?”
“Never mind that, look!” the American exchange student exclaimed. “I found the Triwizard cup! It’s mine! All mine! I’ll finally get the fame and glory and honor I deserve!”
“Stupefy,” said Harry. The American exchange student dropped to the ground, stunned.
“Woah!” Cedric exclaimed in astonishment. “You can do magic?!”
“Come on, Cedric,” Harry sighed. “We’d better take this together. You know, so Draco Malfoy won’t think I’m selfish. I really want to get with him, you know.”

-- Silver Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Omelette of Desire

IPB Image Rabbits Have Rights!
+Quote Post
Tim
post Sep 3 2004, 11:03 AM
Post #73

Stealing socks

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,953

I can not really think where to put this so if it is in the wrong place feel free to be irratated at me even more so. I am suffering from an awful internet connection (as Yoda knows), so I want to say sorry for my prolonged absence. I have ways around the problem as you can tell but for now I throw myself upon your enlightened mercy and grovel at your feet for forgiveness.
+Quote Post
hershey
post Sep 3 2004, 10:26 PM
Post #74

Colin and bubbles...imagine the possibilities.

Member No.: 1,821

Packing up the circus to go camping for the long weekend. Will be back Monday or Tuesday. Take care all.

~H~ hug.gif

AKA Molly Weasley minus 3 boys

"I used to be a real wild child, but now I am a Volvo driving soccer mom" - Everclear

(actually I'm more a SUV driving sport of the season mom, but whose checking)

And say my glory was I had such friends. - William Butler Yeats
+Quote Post
oliverwoodubmine
post Sep 9 2004, 11:53 PM
Post #75

Puzzling things out

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,640

Yes well this post isn't for me obviously because I don't post much on here *ducks under the table*

HG wanted me to tell all of you that he will be on a leave of absence...Get the girlfriend to do it *rolls eyes* original! *giggle* Anyway...he said that you can all attempt to take him off the top of the "People with the most posts" list...

Anybody that needs to tell him something can send me a PM or email or contact me in someway...and I'll get it to him! biggrin.gif

Don't look at me like that! I know I'm InSaNe and I like it that way!

Being Normal is vastly over-rated! - Halloween Town on Disney Channel! its great! witches and all that good stuff! hehe

I have a big fish and I'm not afraid to use it! (what everyone needs something to defend themselves! hehe)

SHOUTOUT TO MY SWEETIE ANDREW(hockeygod)
*smooches Andrew*
+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topic    Start new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:12 AM