> Countdown, Almost there...
Imogen
post Oct 30 2003, 05:53 PM
Post #1

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

Less than 48 hours to go before the insanity starts. How's everyone feeling right now?

Personally I'm absolutely terrified. I don't think there's any way at all that I can make 50,000 words in a month. The story has plenty in it to reach the target; I just don't write fast enough to do it.

I've finished plotting and replotting and re-replotting, and I've got the whole thing mapped out on A2 (which has got to be the most awkward size ever for carrying around with me rolleyes.gif I've got my characters, I've got the world and I've come down with the flu and am feeling dreadful.

And then Saturday suddenly seems far, far too close. It's Thursday night already...

What AM I doing?

Imogen blink.gif

After her O.W.L.s Hope had managed to persuade her dad to give her a crash course in what he laughingly referred to as “Parseltongue for tourists”. Being in Slytherin, she’d thought it had been the epitome of cool to return to school with such useful snakey phrases as “Can you pass the apple pie, please?” and “Would you be good enough to tell me what time the train to Madrid departs from Platform Two?”
~ A Pensieve Affair ~ Now being posted...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
ancarett
post Nov 1 2003, 01:05 AM
Post #2

Professor Binns in training

Group: Members
Member No.: 85

Ah, what the hey. . . I've thrown both my official "I was going to write this" plotlines out the window and have resurrected a three-year-old plot for a murder mystery. By gum, if I'm going to do this, I'm going to have fun. Fun, you hear me? Fun!

(Actually, I really want to do a good job with the fanfic as well as the historical novel, and I'm afraid that the month rush is going to foul the good writing up, so I'm substituting something that can be mucked up at will.)

Murder mystery, academe, computers. . . I can do this, no problem. Maybe I should actually test it out on some of my colleagues/students in the name of versimilitude? What do you think? tongue.gif

-- Ancarett, who lives at ancarett.com
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topic    Start new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:20 PM