mimosa
post Oct 30 2005, 07:38 PM
Post #1

Through the mirror

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,812

[size=7]

I have 2 technical questions:

How does one put permanent quotes to accompany one's avatar?

I like comic sans because this is very friendly for those with dyslexia. I also prefer font size 7 and red colour. How could I use these functions as my default?

mimosa

This post has been edited by mimosa: Oct 30 2005, 07:39 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
bart
post Oct 30 2005, 08:48 PM
Post #2

Who me?
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 62

Hi Mimosa,

By 'permanent quotes' do you mean the user title that sits under the avatar? You either have the option to change it in your profile, or PM myself or Imogen Mc, and we'll change it for you.

To use any of the formatting tags just make sure you have a closing tag for each ie [/font] [/color] [/size]

My only comment is for most people, size 7, somtimes makes long posts difficult to read (and do odd things to the format of the board, when long words don't wrap as they should), please keep this in mind when posting.

(Most browsers have options to increase the size text is displayed as well if that makes things easier for you.)

Hope this helps and we look forard to your posts

Bart teu45.gif (Site Admin)
+Quote Post
QuickHare
post Apr 14 2006, 03:38 PM
Post #3

It's a Small World After All
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2,603

If you would like to set Internet Explorer to show you only your chosen style (red, Comic Sans MS and 7pt font), you can override the formatting for every web page you go into. To do this, the main way is to create a CSS file that wil override the webpage's CSS settings. This will only effect your computer, and will not change the website for anyone else.

The first thing to do is open Notepad and type the following in there:
QUOTE( mystyle.css )
p { font-family: Comic Sans MS;
font-size: 7px;
color: #FF0000;
}

Save this file somewhere on your computer (such as My Documents) as a file like "mystyle.css". You may need to put the speech marks in the file name too. Open Internet Explorer, and point to Tools, Internet Options. In the box that appears, click the button Accessibility. In the new box, tick everything and click Browse. Find the file you just created and select it.

Click OK to everything, and Harry and Ginny, along with every other website, will be red, Comic Sans and 7pt writing. If you'd like larger or smaller writing, simply alter this one file you made to reflect the change.

The same file can be used in Netscape Navigator, Firefox, Mozilla and Opera by going to Preferences and finding a similar option somewhere.

QuickHare

"To err is human. To completely screw up requires a computer."

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." [Lao-tzu]

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good."
+Quote Post

Reply to this topic    Start new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:35 AM