Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topic    Start new topic
> The NaNo's progress, How are you doing?
Imogen
post Nov 4 2003, 07:03 AM
Post #16

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

But we're all making progress and that's the important thing. I know there are some insane people at the NaNo site who are probably finished by now, but we're getting there!

Don't worry about the writers' block, Robert. Try some random writing on something else, or ignore it for a couple of days. There was a site JK (Ashavah) gave me the link to once that had some excellent advice on writing. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Keep plugging away! We can do it!

Imogen smile.gif

After her O.W.L.s Hope had managed to persuade her dad to give her a crash course in what he laughingly referred to as “Parseltongue for tourists”. Being in Slytherin, she’d thought it had been the epitome of cool to return to school with such useful snakey phrases as “Can you pass the apple pie, please?” and “Would you be good enough to tell me what time the train to Madrid departs from Platform Two?”
~ A Pensieve Affair ~ Now being posted...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kaleidoscope Eyes
post Nov 4 2003, 06:48 PM
Post #17

Puzzling things out

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,951

EEK!

I've done a measly 2747 words, but am quite pleased with my progress. I wrote that in about 4 hourse yesterday and about 1/2 an hour today. Didn't do ANY writing on 1st & 2nd, I was too busy.

If I keep going at this rate, I should be able to keep on track. I hope.

Fingers crossed!

Xaphania
+Quote Post
ancarett
post Nov 4 2003, 10:47 PM
Post #18

Professor Binns in training

Member No.: 85

6,154 words to date. I switched writing subjects at the last minute and am making up the murder mystery as I go along. "First draft," I keep saying as I fumble through the writing itself. That makes it a lot more bearable!

-- Ancarett, who lives at ancarett.com
+Quote Post
bart
post Nov 5 2003, 12:09 AM
Post #19

Who me?
Group Icon

Member No.: 62

Well as the sig says I've managed to push it to 7326 which is just a little ahead of where I should be biggrin.gif Smug, Self Satisfied, Me? ask again in a week when I'm stuck on 7327 blink.gif.

Next bit is now up and with a minor cliffie to tide you over while I go and burn Guy Fawkes tomorrow night instead of writing.

bart devil.gif
+Quote Post
Imogen
post Nov 5 2003, 06:58 AM
Post #20

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

Got home at 9.30pm last night and managed to type up most of chapter 3 that I'd written during a couple of breaks at work. I've got a bit left to finish from that for tonight's posting, and then I've hit the 10,000 mark.

It feels like a huge milestone!

Imogen smile.gif (who must update her sig)

After her O.W.L.s Hope had managed to persuade her dad to give her a crash course in what he laughingly referred to as “Parseltongue for tourists”. Being in Slytherin, she’d thought it had been the epitome of cool to return to school with such useful snakey phrases as “Can you pass the apple pie, please?” and “Would you be good enough to tell me what time the train to Madrid departs from Platform Two?”
+Quote Post
b4zookajules
post Nov 5 2003, 05:00 PM
Post #21

Stealing socks

Member No.: 67

Is it seriously the 5th November?? Man. I was so convinced it was the 4th. sad.gif

But still, I'm going pretty well, considering the fact I have literally no plot to work with at all. tongue.gif I worked out my characters' histories, then totally ignored having to plot out the actual story. I was feeling quite confident, but then when I sat down on November 1st I suddenly realised I had no idea what I could write. laugh.gif So, so far I've been winging it, but it's gone quite well. I hit the 10 000 mark last night!! biggrin.gif

I'm completely unmotivated to write anything at all at the moment, but hopefully I'll get back into the groove a bit later. smile.gif

My best tip so far is to just write about totally insane things. If it starts raining, don't just write that it's raining - write the characters' opinion on rain, whether they like or hate it, and possibly have it remind them of something that happened in the rain in their past. It sounds silly, but it's really topped up my count. I had about 1-200 words about rain yesterday, and its lovely habit of turning up whenever you've not got an umbrella, then buggering off if you're completely prepared. tongue.gif

My biggest problem at the moment, though, is how awkward my characters are with each other. It's not such a bad thing because it's how they're meant to be, but halfway through my third chapter and I have no idea how I'm going to break the ice. tongue.gif Any tips?

Good luck all!! smile.gif I fully intend to read everyone's novel, but for the moment I really have no time to. Hopefully I'll get the time soon smile.gif

-Jules. xxx

user posted image

Do you believe in the power of dreams? ~ Honda
+Quote Post
Imogen
post Nov 5 2003, 05:20 PM
Post #22

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

Just in case anyone's wondering, my update will be a bit later than usual today. I'm doing a bit of 'catch up' from the late night last night and want to get chapter 3 completed before I post it.

Check back about 10pm UK time (5pm Eastern) and there'll be a chapter posted!

Imogen (plodding onwards) starwars.gif

+Quote Post
nome
post Nov 6 2003, 07:14 AM
Post #23

Queen of the Bowling Alley

Group: Betas
Member No.: 8

*points happily at her subject line for today's blog* Having accepted that I probably lack the time/energy/willpower to properly finish, I am on the road to nano-self-actualization, and am going to happily not care if I manage to write on such-and-such day.

More time to review y'alls, wot? I'm behind.

"Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to." - Mark Twain

Nome's LJ
+Quote Post
Imogen
post Nov 6 2003, 07:11 PM
Post #24

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

I've started procrastinating. Can someone please kick me. I need to write.

Imogen blink.gif blink.gif

+Quote Post
Willow
post Nov 6 2003, 07:34 PM
Post #25

smells

Group: H&G Members
Member No.: 817

*kicks imogen up butt to get her motivated*

ouch! that hurt my foot laugh.gif

Proud member of the Red Trio

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Imogen
post Nov 6 2003, 07:40 PM
Post #26

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

Owww! That was too hard. I can't sit down now

Imogen tongue.gif

+Quote Post
bart
post Nov 6 2003, 11:41 PM
Post #27

Who me?
Group Icon

Couple of quiet nights on the writing front [Bonfire night party last night and working late tonight] but i have managed a quick outtake, that may or may not help you indentify the visitor devil.gif

bart teehee.gif
+Quote Post
Kaleidoscope Eyes
post Nov 7 2003, 11:35 AM
Post #28

Puzzling things out

Member No.: 1,951

I'm quite pleased with my progress, I am at a total of 5334, which is 11%.

This seems quite small compared with what a lot of people have done, but I've got the day off from school today, and it's the weekend tomorrow, so I hope to get a lot of writing done.

Keep up with the writing everyone! We will do it!

+Quote Post
bart
post Nov 7 2003, 10:17 PM
Post #29

Who me?
Group Icon

10,550 words

sorry just need to shout that out biggrin.gif

bart
+Quote Post
Imogen
post Nov 7 2003, 10:18 PM
Post #30

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

I've had a disasterous end to the week where I've got virtually nothing written. It wasn't even procrastination for a change, just a lot of late nights at work for either me or the hubby and I've been far too tired to write.

Going to spend time on it across the weekend and blister through chapters 4 and 5... *crosses fingers*

Imogen crybaby.gif

+Quote Post

9 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topic    Start new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:25 PM