> Suggestions....
lonelyzephyr83
post Sep 23 2006, 05:52 AM
Post #1

Puzzling things out

Group: Readers
Member No.: 4,842

Hey guys,
as I just said in my last post (in the favorite books thread), I'm afraid my reading is going to get less and less sophisticated now that I'm out of school.

I was thinking that I could post some of the books I've read over the years and liked, and see what some of you guys would suggest me to pick up. Not only do I want to keep reading challenging things, but I also want to keep building my library with interesting things.

okay...

Louisa May Alcott: Little Women

Jane Austen: Sense and Sensibility and Pride and Prejudice (I also own Emma and Persuasion but have yet to read them; I just bought them a month of so ago)

Orson Scott Card: Enchantment (I've looked at other books from him and am not interested, so far, in any others)

Chaucer: Troilus and Criseyde

Joseph Conrad: Heart of Darkness

Philippa Gregory: The Other Bolyn Girl and I own The Virgin's Lover but haven't finished it yet

Grimm Brothers: Various Fairy Tales

Beth Gutcheon: More Than You Know

O. Henry: The Four Million and Sixes and Sevens

Poe: Various

Anna Quindlen: Blessings

Salinger: Nine Stories

Shelley: Frankenstein

Nicholas Sparks: The Guardian and A Walk to Remember

Tolkien: The Hobbit, The Silmarillion, The Trilogy

Anne Tyler: A Slipping Down Life, The Accidental Tourist and I own Earthly Possessions but I haven't read it yet

Horace Walpole: The Castle of Otranto

Paul Watkins: The Story of My Disappearance

Edith Wharton: Ethan Fromme

I've also read various short stories in collections and anthologies over the years at school, too many to post here. These are just the ones on my shelves that jump out at me as being the ones I really liked, even if they're not exactly classics.

icon_help.gif Anyone have any suggestions for things I might like, or you think everyone should read, that I could challenge myself with?

thanks guys icon_book2.gif

This post has been edited by lonelyzephyr83: Sep 23 2006, 05:53 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topic    Start new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:33 AM