Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

IPB

Reply to this topic    Start new topic
> Book 7: Will You Spoil The Ending?
To Peek or Not to Peek?
Upon delving into the final Harry Potter book will you look to the end of the book to see who dies?
Definitely not, such a thought is blasphemy at best [ 13 ] ** [54.17%]
Of course, I will crumble under the weight of my own curiosity [ 6 ] ** [25.00%]
Maybe a little, after reading a few or more chapters. [ 5 ] ** [20.83%]
Total Votes: 24
Guests cannot vote 
hershey
post Feb 5 2007, 08:54 PM
Post #1

Colin and bubbles...imagine the possibilities.

Group: The Mod Squad
Member No.: 1,821

The idea for this poll was born while I was reading Bridge to Terabithia which Drie (miss you dear, thanks again for being such a great hostess) warned me was sad and three-quarters of the way in I couldn't stand it any more. Pathetic, yes I know, but no more than I crying at reading what I skipped ahead to read and then crying again on the reread. So very sad. In addition, I did peek ahead in Book 6, only after reading enough to confirm my suspicision of who would "buy the farm" to use an insensitive American slang phrase.

Enjoy, Hershey

AKA Molly Weasley minus 3 boys

"I used to be a real wild child, but now I am a Volvo driving soccer mom" - Everclear

(actually I'm more a SUV driving sport of the season mom, but whose checking)

Proud Member of the Red Trio

And say my glory was I had such friends. - William Butler Yeats
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
lonelyzephyr83
post Feb 6 2007, 12:59 PM
Post #2

Puzzling things out

Group: Readers
Member No.: 4,842

I voted no, only because I'm hoping it'll make me not do it haha, j/k...honestly, I'm hoping to have the whole day to read it in one go, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get through it without having to stop much to think about skipping ahead icon_book2.gif It may be wishful thinking, but I did it last book, and I won't get another chance for who knows how long to be this excited for a book and the surprises it's ending holds.

This post has been edited by lonelyzephyr83: Feb 6 2007, 01:01 PM
+Quote Post
Yoda
post Feb 6 2007, 10:53 PM
Post #3

I'm co-ordinating internationally!... help!

Group: H&G Members
Member No.: 50

I've voted no but I find I often trip myself up by trying to find out how long the book is and ending up reading the last page... of course all this serves to tell me usually is who hasn't kicked the bucket (to compete with Hershey's slang wink.gif) which can in itself be irritating - especially in the case of this last one I reckon. So I'll make sure I check out how long it is by other means first.

Oh, who am I kidding? I'm a blasphemer! *breaks down in sobs* crybaby.gif somebody change my vote!!!!!!

yoda, making a return

PS: QH, actually change my vote and experience wrath of an unexplainable nature!

Elyoda on the NaNoWriMo website

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Cristin
post Feb 8 2007, 02:41 AM
Post #4

You talkin' to me?

Member No.: 3,626

I voted yes because, being practical here, I will have a newborn and will have to divide my time between her (yes, it's a girl!!), packing up my classroom if my job proposal goes well, cleaning house, doing other odds and ends around the house, and reading the book. I'd rather find out in my book than online or from other sources!

I know...I'm a baaaaaaad fan! 1346.gif

I do not regret the things I have done, but those I did not do.

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they choose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."
-Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy-

"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle, or the mirror that reflects it."
-Edith Wharton-
+Quote Post
Imogen
post Feb 8 2007, 06:46 AM
Post #5

On a mission with a pen
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 4

I'll read it from midnight, but if the tension gets too much I would peek. I've been reading this series since PS, so I've been waiting a very long time to see how it ends! It's the first day of the summer holidays as well, so plenty of time for re-reads wink.gif

After her O.W.L.s Hope had managed to persuade her dad to give her a crash course in what he laughingly referred to as “Parseltongue for tourists”. Being in Slytherin, she’d thought it had been the epitome of cool to return to school with such useful snakey phrases as “Can you pass the apple pie, please?” and “Would you be good enough to tell me what time the train to Madrid departs from Platform Two?”
~ A Pensieve Affair ~ Now being posted...
+Quote Post
Drie
post Mar 20 2007, 11:17 PM
Post #6

It's a Small World After All

Group: The Mod Squad
Member No.: 1,656

I'd rather read it straight through. Am not ordering my copy via Amazon this time. They took too long to deliver last time!

Proud Member of the Red Trio

My sun shall rise in the east
So shall my heart be at peace

"I think happiness is finding a couple extra fries at the bottom of the bag." - Pig, Pearls Before Swine

Just once, I want to shout, "Bwahahhahahaha!" and really mean it.

"I couldn't decide if I wanted marble fudge, chocolate, rocky road, vanilla or butter pecan...I finally decided to try marble fudge...then I had to choose between a plain cone or a sugar cone...I decided on the sugar cone...so what happened? I went out the door, and dropped the whole thing on the sidewalk! Don't tell me my life isn't a Shakespearean tragedy!" ~ Sally, Charlie Brown's sister

Pictures of You

Bunnies! Everywhere!
+Quote Post
lonelyzephyr83
post Mar 25 2007, 09:41 PM
Post #7

Puzzling things out

Member No.: 4,842

Really? I remember getting my copy from Amazon that day pretty early, so I ordered mine through them again.
+Quote Post
Willow
post Jul 20 2007, 04:00 PM
Post #8

smells

Member No.: 817

Hopefully i will be able to restrain myself.
I'm excited and sad, i dont want it to end!
x

Proud member of the Red Trio

IPB Image

+Quote Post
hockeygod
post Jul 27 2007, 06:49 AM
Post #9

String Theory Rocks my World!

Member No.: 1,853

I peeked. I had to make sure that the Trio made it.

~ B.M.
Proud Member of the I.S.D.!!!

IPB Image hockeygod

I'm a Math Geek and it makes me happy!!!

"Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit."~Aristotle

"Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity."~Henry Van Dyke

"Life is wasted on the living."~Douglas Adams

"Everyone is a genius at least once a year. The real geniuses simply have their bright ideas closer together."~Georg C. Lichtenberg
+Quote Post

Reply to this topic    Start new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:46 PM